maandag 3 maart 2008

Bhgesri and Rajni Bishnoi







"'My name is Bhagesri and she is my sister Rajni.'But please please do not write our name on the post. Only his(husbands)name and babajee's(father) name.
We were on our way to Balotra from Jodhpur when we saw a small suzuki van full of school kids.There must be at least 20 of them propped in the van,most of them looking outside and happily enjoying their way to the school.We decided to follow this van and ended up in this village called 'dhava'. People were curious to see us and I was more curious to know how the houses are from inside.





"Can I look inside?"Within no time we were surrounded by almost half the village."Who lives here?"was answered by a young smiling energetic woman. 'We', was the answer. 'This is my sister and this is my mother and this is her mother and here are our boys ', and this.......and it went on.
They were Bishnois people.Pure vegetarian.Worship all living creatures and trees or living nature is their God.





Someone came with tea, as we were their guests.My request if I could make their pictures was greeted with a beautiful positive smile.
I took some pctures but I could feel that the sisters were not very satisfied as something was missing.One by one they went inside.First came the eldest, modestly covered with colourful golden jewellery.'Now I feel like a woman.'And afterwords the younger one with the same jewellery.'If we knew before that you were coming we would have covered us fully with gold from top to bottom.'














'Only His name and the name of the post-office.We will get the post.


Subash Taneja,Rajasthan, Jan.15, 2008

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Volgers